Today, we are proudly giving our community of talented authors and illustrators the tools to animate their uTales books. With animations, we hope the books can come to inspire and educate kids even better!
First off are a number of simple animations that you can add to your illustrations in seconds. Please note that it works best for illustrations with transparent backgrounds (e.g. .png or .gif files) and that you cannot add animations to the cover of the book.
This video shows how it works:
The first uTales animations for children’s picture books are:
- Bounce: e.g. bounce a ball or have a character jump up and down
- Fade in/out: make things disappear and then slowly fade back
- Flip: make things flip horizontally
- Pulse: make something pulsate e.g. a pulsating heart
- Shake: shake things from side to side
- Shrink out/Expand in: make things shrink into nothing, and then slowly expand again
- Spin: e.g. make wheels spin
- Wiggle: e.g. make a duck wiggle from side to side